So, here are my things to be glad about this week:
1. Ramadan begins tomorrow (shorter work days, less people in the shopping mall, less traffic at 6:00PM)
2. The Suzuki Tone Chimes came in! They're like hand bells, only better - they are long resonators with felted hammers at the top, you swing one and a beautiful sound comes resonating out! I'm really quite excited - this will add variety and interest to the songs we perform, as well as an opportunity for the students to play an instrument in class!
3. Church - really good meetings this past Friday. And we get to stay in our building, which wasn't a sure thing; the ministry of something was going to make us move and turn off the power September 1, but we have been granted a new lease for the time being. I do feel blessed to be able to attend church here.
4. HS Classes - they are going to be terrific this year!! It's amazing what the absence of 1 negative child and the addition of 10 wonderful students will do.
When it comes right down to it, I really do love what I do. I enjoy it when kids realize that they can harmonize and sound good with other kids. I like it when they realize that "serious" music doesn't necessarily mean boring music.
And I'm really excited to use the new tone chimes!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The chimes sound awesome. Can't wait to hear how they work out. Oh, and Tammy says to tell you hi.
Hi Amy! Yes, I've been reading your blog for years now, but I only just got myself registered so I can leave comments and let you know just how fabulous you are! Congratulations on graduation and on your efforts to change the world one music student at a time. You are so brave and amazing and I wish you the best of luck this new school year!
Post a Comment