Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why does it make me angry?

I know - two blogs in one day - shocking!! But here's the thing - why does it make me angry? An administrator wants us to submit our program for his review before it goes to print. We also need to have times written down for each song. No big deal, right? And still, I'm angry about it! Why? Of course, there's this: if he doesn't approve the program, what happens then? Will he demand that a song or songs be taken off the program? And if there are objections to the song, what are his reasons? I have sound educational reasons for each song that is on the program. Each one is highlighting something - be it a historical, stylistic, melodic or harmonic element. I suppose I can always ask him to select the repertoire for the concerts, if what I am choosing isn't up to his standards.

I really thought I had dealt with this anger. Apparently I haven't.

1 comment:

HappyCamper said...

Amy, just the fact that you realize you're still working with this anger shows you're dealing with it. recognition is the first step!

Also young lady, you have been in Oregon, Washington State, Delaware, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Ontario and Quebec in Canada. Remember our trip or the pacific Coast for a family reunion.
Also our trip to Toronto. Didn't you go with us to pick Robyn up after her mission?

I was looking at pictures of our trip to Florida and I have a picture of you and Heather standing in front of a Welcome to South Carolina sign. You've also visited North Carolina. Really liked your "I've visited these places and would like to visit" map.

Hope all's well with you.

Love, Dad