Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One down, two to go

Last night was opening night. It went well, all things considered. There were some flubbed lines, and two of the main characters sang parts of a song a full measure ahead of the orchestra, but other than that, it was fine. And it will all be over on Thursday at 6:00PM. I can taste the freedom.

I finally had a spare moment to update my blog - I have been running, running, running since my last entry. Since November 10th, I have turned in grades, picked up my mother at the airport, conducted 2 concerts, rehearsed (seemingly) non-stop for this blasted musical, attended rehearsals for the community choir in which I sing, continued to prepare the forensics and debate team for our tournament in Jordan next week and had another birthday. All on top of teaching my regular lessons, plus dealing with a double ear infection and the medication for it. I arrive at school before 7 every morning, and the past two weeks especially, I get to go home sometime after 7. Long, long days. With teenagers. And drama teachers. I feel as if I have spent hardly any time at all with my mom - Saturdays were also taken up with rehearsals from 10AM to 4PM. No trips to Abu Dhabi or out to Hatta. And she leaves this Friday night. Ah, well. It has been nice to have her here - she has spoiled me as I have not been spoiled in a very long time. She also brought me 3 ring binders. And other stuff that I had to leave or take out of my suitcase at the airport. And my apartment looks a bit more festive now - I have a small Christmas tree and a nativity scene and a snowman that rocks and sings Jingle Bells when he hears noise (I turned it off, but just knowing that I can turn it on again is enough).

No comments: