Thursday, March 29, 2007

Somebody Flipped a Switch!

And the switch I'm talking about is the temperature switch - the weather was lovely, breezy and quite pleasant. Then the very next day, it was hot! No warning, no preparation, no gradual increments - just suddenly hot! And it's only going to get hotter. Ay-yai-yai.

So Spring Break starts today at noon. That's only 4 hours and 10 minutes away. I am very excited - totally need a break! This has been a stretch of really busy 4 months. Yes, I have travelled, but please - I was travelling with students. It's just not the same. I leave for London on Monday - yes folks, London! I've always wanted to go to London, but it was more a nebulous "Someday, before I die, I'll go to London". Now it's concrete. I'm going. Yee-haw!! (or should I say "smashing"?)

I plan to see Mary Poppins on stage, take many walks around London, see the Globe Theater, I hope to take in a concert at St. Martin's in the Field, walk in Hyde Park between the "fashionable" hours of 5:00 and 6:00 PM, shake hands with a chimney sweep - I just plan to be a tourist!

So, here's wishing you a lovely Spring Break (if you have one at this time, that is), and may you have a lovely April!

No comments: