Thursday, February 08, 2007

Procrastination

So. The festival starts tonight. My room is a mess. I need to clean it. I need to organize, I need to finalize, I need to energize and a lot of other -izes. And I don't want to. I'm at the point where there's so much to do that I just don't want to do anything. If I don't pay any attention to it, the problem should just go away, right? Maybe my birth year should have been the year of the ostrich (if there even is such a year).

Ah, well.

I have to go move a piano. And then another one. And then I have to cover the windows with paper and make them look pretty. And then I have to straighten the room up. And then I have to clean off my desk. And then I have to make sure I know what I'm doing tomorrow and the next day. And then I have to go buy blank cds so that I can burn all of the music I'm using for the contra dance onto one cd. And then I need to go home so that I can sleep and get back some energy for tomorrow, since I will be here at school for, oh, about 14 hours, and I have to be charming and enthusiastic and engaging for all 14 hours.

Ah, well.

As Mary Poppins says, "Well begun is half done". It's the other half I'm worried about.

Here's wishing you all a restful weekend!

1 comment:

RawBoneinLA said...

and yet somehow it will all get done... Good luck, and hope you get some rest SOON. Can't wait to see you in the UK on the other side of these busy weeks in your life. Keep thinking of Spring Break! Looking forward to the post about Muscat (and photos!)